When attackers decide to attack your business, they start with scanning your external resources that are publicly available to look for vulnerabilities. They can find out your email provider, your website host, and your domain host. From just these 3 items, attackers can form a plan of attack.
Attackers first run external checks to see your company’s weak points and if you’re an easy target.
Attackers check for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in your:
3) DNS records (Domain Name System)
4) Business & Personal Contacts (Searching for any contacts and employees that are likely to fall for scams like email phishing attacks, etc.)
5) Public Info (including PII (Personal Identifiable Information), internet searches, various databases, and any other info they can find
Attackers gather all of this data before launching and during their sustained attacks to lower your defenses, one by one . . . Your best defense is to see what potential attackers see, and boost your defenses.
If you don’t have the data OR the correct info to protect yourself, then you and your company are an easy target for attackers.
Contact Us Today To Get Secure, Stay SecureTM
We can provide you with:
– Recommendations to fix critical vulnerabilities
– Best practices to defend your company, employees, and valuable customer data
Contact Revamp Cybersecurity today to see how we’ve helped companies become cyber secure.
Book a Free Consultation: https://calendly.com/revampcybersecurity
Ask Us Anything for FREE! https://revampcybersecurity.com/ask-a-cybersecurity-expert
Have a Safe & Secure New Year 2021!
Get Secure, Stay Secure